Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

The TR-3000 arrived defective, my Dokorder might be an easy fix.

Gene at Sun Valley Stereo says it is likely an adjustment somewhere in the tape path, I'm supposed to call him next Saturday.

I bought the TR-3000 guaranteed so I will be getting a refund. During playback the tape drags and continues to slow down until it is at a complete stop; this uneven dragging turns music into some of the worst noise I ever heard. I tried 4 different tapes and the same thing; I read all the trouble shooting in the manual and the diagram of proper threading. I think it must be a defective capstan motor.

The Realistic TR-3000 (Teac X-3 clone) looked LIKE NEW but it really isn't NIB. Could it be the original owner put it back in the box and forgot to take it back to Radio Shack to be fixed during the warranty period? And then stored it away?

I do want a second Reel to Reel for when mine is down and to retape any polyester reels that develop dreaded Sticky Shed Syndrome. Bake, tape to a new reel and throw the old one away.

I really should hold out for a Technics RS-1500 2 Track, so far all the ones with reasonable prices are "AS IS". Which to me means they have problems. 95% of Reel to Reels on eBay are sold AS IS. I only bid if it is guarenteed.

I wonder what I have done to anger the Reel to Reel gods? In the meantime I have really got some killer Cassettes and LPs to listen to! Problem is I have over 90 new to me Reel to Reels I have not even heard that I have purchased in the last five months while my Dokorder only worked 3 days when I first got it and 2 tapes after the pinch roller was resurfaced. There are some great Mercury Living Presence and RCA Living Stereo Reel to Reels on eBay right now but I am not bidding on them as I have just too many to listen to.

"Music is love"
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.