Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Re: tandberg 3034 - anyone have any experience? any comments?

Hello.

I've got two units. One of them is in good condition. I haven't had
time to analyze the other.

First of all. The deck is a quite good two head deck. But it has nothing to do with Model 3014. Which is a three head - high end deck.
Playback is quite good. But record quality is not as good. Any three head machine beats this 3034.

I would appreciate this deck if I were a deck collector and Tandberg Fan. It has the tandberg design. ITT sold the same deck under the model name 'ITT 3020' (in europe)

The deck's depth is very small. Controls are not standar. Bias calibration is possible with a small screwdriver and holes on the frontplate. It's not easy to dissasemble and replace belts, but it's not much difficult either. When not in play mode, it lets through the input signal (like 'source' mode on three head decks)

It has one motor and three solenoids. Few Integrated circuits. One single main board

In ebay germany you shoud pay no more than 40 euros for it. The second I got costed me 5 euros (plus shipping to spain 22eur)

Bye

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.