Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

I agree with that

I seem to have to clean my heads sometimes daily, especially the pinch roller from tape shedding on these old tapes. I would think that that should ease up after a couple of plays as some of these Reel to Reel tapes were not stored in the best conditions. I could check this out if I stop buying for a month or two, but that would be hard.

Your idea of buying a second RTR is pretty good. My RTR has been the shop for almost three months and he keeps making promises and breaking them, at least he has torn the deck apart and knows it's a broken belt, but he hasn't even checked whither he has stock or not. I am starting to get impatient.

Check out what I just won on eBay: lots of Bel Canto’s, RCA Living Stereo's, London ffst (including two double plays with Ernest Ansermet), and even a few Westminster's, with UPS shipping it worked out $4.17 per tape total. And I can’t play them, counting these 37 I have over fifty RTRs I haven’t heard. They are all cleaned up with leaders added and ready to play. Oh well I hope he is telling the truth and I get my RTR back by the end of next week.

"Music is love"
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.