Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Sucsess recording vinyl to reel to reel!

Can't believe how great this turned out.
I have a Teac A-1250 thats been kicking around the house for a couple of years,and I just never got around to recording anything. I would just hook it up and play some crappy old pre recorded 3 3/4ips tapes.
I,ve got about a dozen Maxell udxl tapes.The music taped onto these was low quality.So I,ve got a pretty good vinyl system now.
Modded Lenco-L70.
Origin Live OL-1 arm.
Denon 103r
Bottlehead seduction phono pre.
Counterpoint line stage
Velleman tube amp.
JBL-L-220 speakers.

The first album I taped at 7/12ips is San francisco ltd.Direct to disc recording,45rpm.What a blast!this is so much fun and the idea of having all this good stuff on reel to reel when you have a party and not having to change records every 20 minutes is a huge plus.
Also taped Kenny Burrill "Midnight Blue" as well.

I think my next step is purchasing some new tape.What would you guys suggest for a high quality tape to archive all my vinyl?.And I should also get a de-mag as well.
The Teac is a great little deck but I,ve got my eye on a Revox B-77 with 15ips as well.
Anyhow lots to think about,
Thanks for any help.

Cheers,Rob.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Sucsess recording vinyl to reel to reel! - rob mac 09:15:15 10/16/06 (8)

You can not post to an archived thread.