Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Anyone ever heard of the Marlux DS-200 Dolby decoder? I bought one on eBay to decode my Dolby RTRs

I've been thinking about getting a Dolby B decoder and found this for $1.99 plus $11.82 shipping (=) $13.81. For less than $14 I figured it was worth the gamble. I can find no information on the Internet.

From the picture you can see Dolby calibration is adjustable for both recording and playback. I don't see a Dolby tone generator, but Barclay-Crocker tapes have Dolby test tones on them. I guess I could use these?

Also some bad news to report. My car was broken in and my Kenwood Cassette Deck was stolen. Any suggestions for a replacement? I would like frequency response 20-20kHz at -20VU, Dolby B and 70us EQ for my audiophile Cassettes.

I thought cassette decks were safe from criminals. Either they thought it was a CD player or some criminals still like cassette. Bad thing I've got to replace a window too and my deductible for other than collision is $500.00. I'm stuck for the whole thing myself. Anyway any thoughts on a good cassette deck for the car?

"Analog is Music, Digital is mathematics"
Happy listening,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Anyone ever heard of the Marlux DS-200 Dolby decoder? I bought one on eBay to decode my Dolby RTRs - Teresa 00:21:21 09/15/06 (6)

You can not post to an archived thread.