Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Re: cassette deck - excelia any good?

I've made a list of prices at which I could not resist to buy. I. E. In Ebay germany these prices would be a completely bargain. Of course, things may be quite different in other places

You can check them here:
http://db.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.mpl?forum=tape&n=5267&highlight=rotovator+prices+which&session=

from the decks you have Posted, I have an AD-F910. I really like this deck. I didn't hope much about it when I bought it. It was partially non-functional and severely miscalibrated. But after some hours cleaning and changing belts, and re-calibrating it I had to admit that this deck challenged other far more expensive decks Like my TEAC V-8030.

I suppose the other two will be better, but this one is good, and it is priced very well.

There are things I don't like about it. It is a two motor deck, the third motor is used to open and close the door. So don't get mislead about its 'three motor' words on it. Second, its bias frecuency is 85Khz, quite unusual (?). It's quite noisy when opening and closing door.

But there are many good things. It weights less than expected, has manual HX-PRO, It is pretty fast operating. And from the three listed is the most recent.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.