Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

B&O Beocord 1200 Pinch Roller Dimension Question

Hi All

I have been lurking in this forum for a while and enjoyed your postings and pictures. So I hope that the gentlemen (and woman) here can help me.

A friend gave me a Beocord 1200. The machine was working fine, until he needed to cannibalise it to repair a newer model. The pinch roller rubber is completely missing. The centre bush of the roller is still there. He did not take dimensions of the roller before he removed it.

I would like to know is the dimensions of the roller for the beocord.

The other question would be how important it is to get the dimensions excactly right. Would a slightly larger or smaller diameter roller still work correctly?

Lastly, what type of rubber can be used to repair the roller? We have an excelent rubber molding workshop that I have used for automotive bushes. They are able to mold a new rubber section onto the bush, and computer cut it to being round. Would that work properly?

I look forward to your reponses.

Regards
Johann Muller
Cape Town
South Africa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - B&O Beocord 1200 Pinch Roller Dimension Question - Johann Muller 01:07:49 09/03/06 (3)

You can not post to an archived thread.