Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Re: Best Tape For Revox B77

FW,

Last year I leaped on board .....

Thank you for your reply which has both educated me and given me more food for thought as to what tape i should concentrate on.
I have had me B77 4 Track for 1 year but only recently began to really scratch the surface (with reading such groups)

I have twice attempted to book my deck into the workshop of Brian Reeves in Cheadle. However, each time Brian was on holiday. I am aware the B77 needs to be callibrated to a specific tape in order for it to perform at its optimum.

There-in lies my dilemma: I have in my possession a number of different tapes. including: Zonal 675, Ampex 456, TDK SA and LX, AGFA PE36 and as yet to arrive, BASF 900 Maxima and EMTEC-BASF 468.

From the above list, it strikes me that here in the UK, Zonal 675 is the more abundant tape to be found on ebay. Should I opt for this calibration or for the AGFA or BASF tapes? I ask this because I have discovered a American company. RMG International have purchased the manufacturing rights to produce BASF SM900, SM911, SM468 and AGFA LPR35 tape.

Have you had experience with these tape types, (BASF & AGFA)?

Regards,

rigel9999

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.