Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Integrex Dolby , sweet!

I have been on a quest for a transparent Dolby B decoder for my Barclay-Crockers and other assorted Londons,etc., encoded reel to reels. And I have a pile of them in the closet to prove it! I even pulled apart an old Yamaha cassette deck and tried to get the dolby circuit to work as a stand alone unit but was frustrated by the fact that it was deep inside of the mother board and wasn't able to isolate the reason it wasn't getting a signal ( tons of bells and whistles). Well, I'd heard that BC sold a unit from a british co. called Integrex and seen it mentioned here a few times. I saw an ad in a 1979 Audio Amateur that said it was an ic based unit that was available as a kit at the time. I finally found a decode only unit on Ebay and got it for $5 bucks, and seeing that it was under my not so firm stand not to pay more than $25 for anymore paperweights,.. Well, after Deox'ing it and adjusting the input and output, I had to check twice that it was actually working. No compression, muffling of the sound, loss in details well, you get the idea. If you've been on a similar quest, I can recommend Integrex. I don't know, maybe I got lucky but, I kinda doubt it. BTW, I orderd 3 Audio Amateurs that have articles on it and I should be getting them in a week or so. Happy hunting!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Integrex Dolby , sweet! - ironbut 22:38:28 08/10/06 (2)

You can not post to an archived thread.