In Reply to: Me too, junfortunately. posted by Dave Pogue on July 30, 2016 at 05:13:55:
Because I cannot, if my life depended on it, sell tapes and reels that are up to 50% lower (though more like 25% lower) priced over Ebay and new retail. And in some cases, could not literally even give it away.
Yet the astronomically priced stuff continues to sell and the belly aching continues. An example: a roll of new ATR Master Tape or PYRAL SM-911 on a metal reels sells for what? Sixty five bucks or so when freight is factored in? New, empty reels on Ebay typically sell for around forty bucks and up. NOS Quantegy 456 (late model, non Ampex/non SSS) also usually goes for about thity bucks a pancake, seventy five on a metal reel.
I cannot sell recent 456....unused.....in a new metal reel...for $45-50. Yet people continue to pay the aforementioned HIGHER prices and then complain about it while my lower priced ones sit unsold.
WTH is wrong with this picture?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Vinyl is back with a vengance. Why not tape? - RIQUE 19:50:42 07/24/16 (18)
- RE: Vinyl is back with a vengance. Why not tape? - gordguide 13:57:44 01/13/17 (0)
- RE: Vinyl is back with a vengance. Why not tape? - Myles B. Astor 07:09:29 12/17/16 (0)
- RE: Vinyl is back with a vengance. Why not tape? - samstone 14:18:35 11/24/16 (1)
- RE: Vinyl is back with a vengance. Why not tape? - buffumjr 04:33:38 11/30/16 (0)
- Kind of already back - TGR 15:43:43 07/28/16 (12)
- RE: Kind of already back - vinnie2 03:44:02 07/29/16 (11)
- Pessimistic about price declines - TGR 17:37:13 07/29/16 (10)
- Me too, junfortunately. - Dave Pogue 05:13:55 07/30/16 (4)
- RE: Calling BS - X-2000R 09:26:32 08/13/16 (3)
- Rats! (nt) - vinnie2 02:52:49 07/30/16 (4)
- RE: Vinyl is back with a vengance. Why not tape? - horn kid 05:59:33 07/25/16 (0)