In Reply to: Rats! (nt) posted by vinnie2 on July 30, 2016 at 02:52:49:
As has been mentioned, volume is the key - but enough to bring down prices significantly will never come.
Consider that new 10 1/2" tape ON PANCAKES costs in the $40 range, Then put it on a metal flange for another $40. Now pay for the rights to use (if you care). Maybe even try to amortize the cost of your dubbing equipment. And pay for your dubbing time and MAKE A PROFIT??? Believe Yarlung makes every copy to your order in real time!
Chad Chassem (sp?) of Acoustic Sounds indicated that they will begin releasing material on RTR tape - and he has a HUGE catalog to choose from. At an Axpona seminar he mentioned another problem - that the record company's exec's have no experience with tape and don't have a clue of its "worth" or what to charge for rights - especially considering the potential "volume" - maybe reaching into all the way into the hundreds! Whoopie
But the results can be absolutely STUNNING!
Edits: 07/30/16This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Vinyl is back with a vengance. Why not tape? - RIQUE 19:50:42 07/24/16 (18)
- RE: Vinyl is back with a vengance. Why not tape? - gordguide 13:57:44 01/13/17 (0)
- RE: Vinyl is back with a vengance. Why not tape? - Myles B. Astor 07:09:29 12/17/16 (0)
- RE: Vinyl is back with a vengance. Why not tape? - samstone 14:18:35 11/24/16 (1)
- RE: Vinyl is back with a vengance. Why not tape? - buffumjr 04:33:38 11/30/16 (0)
- Kind of already back - TGR 15:43:43 07/28/16 (12)
- RE: Kind of already back - vinnie2 03:44:02 07/29/16 (11)
- Pessimistic about price declines - TGR 17:37:13 07/29/16 (10)
- Me too, junfortunately. - Dave Pogue 05:13:55 07/30/16 (4)
- RE: Calling BS - X-2000R 09:26:32 08/13/16 (3)
- Rats! (nt) - vinnie2 02:52:49 07/30/16 (4)
- RE: Vinyl is back with a vengance. Why not tape? - horn kid 05:59:33 07/25/16 (0)