In Reply to: two things posted by michael22 on July 10, 2016 at 13:01:33:
My copy of ST-3 has the same size hub, but my copy of ST-8 has a more or less 4 in. hub. To me that's the different between small and large size hubs on reels.
I just came from a concert of Brahms' Clarinet Trio and Clarinet Quintet. In the trio the clarinet was to the left and the cello to the right, both in front of the piano. In the quintet it was from the left, first violin, second violin, clarinet, viola, then cello. They formed an arc with first violin and cello further forward. Personally I find the sound blends better if the clarinet is in the middle.
These seatings in concert are fairly standard, but I've heard the Mozart Clarinet Quintet with the clarinet to the right, and in string quartets the cello and viola can interchange places. Like the seating of a symphony orchestra there are variations. It all depends on what the conductor or players decide.
My copy of the Dvorak also has the sticker with the misspelling of Raksin. One more thing that points to mistakes of the writer.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Stereotape/Audio Arts question - michael22 20:21:19 07/05/16 (9)
- I tried reversing the channels - michael22 12:09:12 07/09/16 (0)
- RE: Stereotape/Audio Arts question - ironbut 07:49:52 07/06/16 (7)
- RE: Stereotape/Audio Arts question - michael22 22:11:50 07/08/16 (6)
- RE: Stereotape/Audio Arts question - Botanico92007 07:42:10 07/10/16 (5)Follow Ups
- RE: two things - Botanico92007 17:44:16 07/10/16 (1)
- David Raksin - michael22 18:29:53 07/10/16 (0)