In Reply to: RE: An 88 was my first deck... posted by Dave Pogue on June 6, 2016 at 05:07:09:
My first deck was a Roberts (Akai) 1719. Great machine. Then, a Concord with auto-reverse. Not so good. Then, a Tandberg something-or-other, (black faceplate, 7" reel capacity, black meters, green square buttons, full logic), nice deck - shouldn't have sold it. Then a Revox A77 quarter track, then (and now) a Revox A77 Mk IV two track. I'll probably keep it forever.
I've worked with both a Stellavox Sp7 and a Studer A80, and still lust after them, but they've always been out of my budget! The A80 has a scary fast and gentle transport - holy crap!
I currently also own a Tascam 44, which has transport problems. Even so, those TEAC/Tascam decks are very fine machines! Shoulda bought one instead of that stupid Concord!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Viking anyone? - Awe-d-o-file 18:34:01 05/26/16 (10)
- An 88 was my first deck... - Jim Treanor 22:33:17 06/05/16 (5)
- RE: An 88 was my first deck... - Dave Pogue 05:07:09 06/06/16 (4)
- What I remember about that deck. - Dave Pogue 05:06:49 06/01/16 (0)
- RE: Viking anyone? - Inmate51 08:14:35 05/27/16 (2)Follow Ups
- RE: An 88 was my first deck... - Inmate51 07:54:56 06/06/16 (0)