In Reply to: RE: Just a playback deck? posted by michael22 on May 17, 2016 at 13:20:48:
You can't compare the price of the deck to the price of the media, they are two completely different things. Also, there is a very small market for $400 tapes. I think there is an even smaller market for a $4,500 play-only tape deck, especially since an interested person can buy and refurbish a VERY nice play/record deck for $2,500.
Heck, my excellent Revox A77 Mk IV 2-track 7.5/15 ips deck goes for about $600 on ebay. (I'm not interested in selling it, btw.) WHY would I spend $4,500 for a play-only deck?
BTW, $400 tapes are WAY over-priced.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - New Revox tape deck coming - Bill Way 16:35:51 05/04/16 (14)
- RE: pancake motors.... - user510 20:14:47 05/13/16 (5)
- Re: Revox Update - Inmate51 21:34:16 05/15/16 (0)
- RE: meters - Bill Way 09:35:57 05/14/16 (3)
- I like the look of it... - kootenay 10:21:36 05/06/16 (3)
- RE: I like the look of it... - Inmate51 10:54:42 05/06/16 (2)
- Keepin' It Reel... - Inmate51 09:48:46 05/05/16 (3)Follow Ups
- RE: Just a playback deck? - Inmate51 09:03:30 05/18/16 (0)