Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

"Plain old dish soap and water."

That's not me, That's Terry Witt (aka, "Terry's Rubber Rollers"), who has probably re-rubbered more pinch rollers than anyone else on earth. Works for me, though I've also used 409 and very occasionally one of the "Rubber Renue" products that supposedly keep pinch rollers supple.

I have several pinch rollers for my Otari and Teac (and multiple headstacks for the Otari), and when the ones on the machine look dirty, I switch with a clean one and dunk the dirty roller in Dawn for a day or so, scrub it with a toothbrush, rinse and dry it off, and it's ready for the next switch. I use my decks a LOT.

When I briefly owned that godforsaken A77 Revox Mk. IV -- the one whose caps exploded, before it caught on fire -- the first thing I did was buy a new pinch roller because the one on the machine was hard as a brick. Not being out in the open like mine, the Revox rollers sure make it hard to do anything with them and it's difficult to see/feel just what the roller condition is. But I gather some folks like them :-)

Edits: 09/25/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.