Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

RE: update...

Most of her tapes are on stock that has been out of production for some time, so the notion that she is making copies seems to me unlikely. (The one I have is on BASF LGR50, which was last produced in 1998.)

I'm glad she's doing it. It would be a shame to have these recordings, some of which sound terrific, locked up somewhere or thrown out. If you look through my past posts, you'll know I am a huge advocate of paying artists for their work - I often turn down offers of CDs from artists who come in the studio where I assist, and I go out and buy them. But... in this case I think having these recordings out is worth it, especially given the *extremely* low volume involved. There are precious few people with 15 ips half-track decks, and very few of those people shell out the serious money for these tapes.

Sadly, I am no longer one of them. My Otari is on its way to a new home. I kept my tapelady Egmont (Abbaddo, Berlin, 1981 - never released as far as I can tell) and some day I'll have another machine; at least that's the plan.

WW
"Put on your high heeled sneakers. Baby, we''re goin'' out tonight.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: update... - Bill Way 08:05:14 08/20/15 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.