Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Question regarding our cold snap

I have a bunch of reel tapes (80, actually) coming. Hopefully they should be delivered in the next couple of days. Don't know for sure exactly what's in the shipment, but there are at least some commercial two tracks in there. It's been extremely cold here in DC (yes, I know, it's even colder elsewhere) with single digit temps at night. Common sense is telling me that if the tapes are extremely cold when I get them, I probably should wait 24 hours (or more?) to let them acclimate gradually before I go fooling around with them. I would be particularly worried about the 2 tracks breaking, since they can be so fragile. Any experience or advice regarding this would be greatly appreciated. They're going to be pretty cold if they sit on the truck overnight. They're coming USPS.

I'll post an update when I get them. There may or may not be some interesting things in there. I kind of took a flyer on this one. I hope my gut was right!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Question regarding our cold snap - vinyl phanatic 17:55:04 01/08/15 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.