Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Just an update...

I finally received the Revox PR99 MKII back from its restoration project last week. So far I have put in about 15 hours of broken in time by playing and recording with it and as far as I can tell everything is functioning well as it should. Also, the sound is started to open up quite a bit now from where it was earlier in the week, but I still think that the new caps need some more time to fully broken in. However, the most important thing is, I did notice that the overall sound has improved considerably from what it was before the restoration as the wandering soundstage and left and right phasing issues are completely gone as well as the annoying tape hiss noise.

Judging from what I’m hearing now, this reel to reel is shaping up to be one of the best that I’ve own so far, if I compared it to some of the reel to reels that I have had in the past such as the Dokorder, Teac, Otari and Revoxes A77 MKII and B77 MKII that I still own, which are hiding in the closet.

Edits: 04/05/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Just an update... - kootenay 15:23:22 04/05/14 (4)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.