Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

RE: Are Tandberg Decks Known To Be Unreliable?

I don't get the USA thing either. If it was the #1 market, why is it Tandberg has become rare here in North America and the support and parts is almost non existant. I'm having a heck of a time getting any decent tech to even look at the deck. I've got one lined up, but he's never worked on one of these before. It's risky. Im holding out to see if Willy Hermann will look at it when ever he slows down from the pile of work he has on his shoulders.

I did yet another tape this afternoon and sure enough it started creasing the tape again. Sound would drop out and the only thing I could do is clean the tape path again. After it dried and a few failed attempts at recording, it finally stopped doing tape damage again and worked as it was supposed to. This deck is finicky to say the least. And its wrecking my good tapes too. I think what I may end up doing is getting a Dragon or B215 to do the playback of all my tapes and just use the Tandberg to record. I'll see if my second 3014 is as finicky as the first deck.

Edits: 01/19/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.