Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

RE: I'm only just recovering from a major trojan horse disaster

Trojans these days can put themselves beyond the reach of scanners. I use and like Avira Antivir (free version) and I also like and use Malwarebytes anti-malware.

But I have fought a Trojan that placed itself in areas that neither scanner could fix. They would detect it, attempt to fix it and then it would pop up under another name. This can get very ugly. And if you had something like this, it is probably still around.

My advice would be to go to the website aumha.org. There are other similar sites, but this is the one I have used. They give you preliminary steps to take. Then you start to interact with one of their volunteers. They will tell you exactly what software to get and they will have you do scans with programs like HijackThis, and then they will have you post the resulting logs. Depending what they see, they will have you get and use specialized tools. It can be a long iterative process- and these guys are volunteers. But in the end, you will have a clean system.

Unless you really know what you are doing, you can't fight the kind of thing you have on your own.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I'm only just recovering from a major trojan horse disaster - tunenut 08:22:55 05/26/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.