Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

Well, I hate to say it, but make is very similar to Ebay.....

Specifically:

1. Being able to watch items is cool.
(Audiogon has this feature, although not quite as nicely implemented as Ebay to be honest.)

2. Being able to locate items via zip code is nice (as Audiogon has done it).
(Or better yet, within a certain "X" mile radius is even better, as Ebay has done it.)

3. Being able to have an email alert when certain items pop up would be great, and should be a priority.
(This is a great feature, that would put you one better than Audiogon, as they do not have this feature.)

4. Some sort of authentic feedback system would be great.
(I know you supposedly have some sort of feedback now, but I am confused as to how it works. Audiogon's feedback is weak, and Ebay's has gotten weird, as they no longer allow sellers to leave negative feedback for buyers.)

5. Setting up a favorite searches would be great.
(Typically, I am looking for one or two items, and since I have to search for those items each time, it would make it simple to just bring up my favorite search and hit a button and have all of them pop up.)

6. FYI, I could care less about auctions, so IMHO, having them is pretty much a waste of time.
(I merely want a place to buy and sell.)

7. Advertise this site to get more traffic, so that more items sell, and the items sell faster.
(I really think that getting more people to browse the site is the whole key to getting this off the ground. That is why I think you should make the classifieds no longer free. That way you have a built-in advertizing budget. (i.e. spend most of your fee budget on advertizing.)
I realize you are not thrilled with having people pay for ads, because you think it will push people away, but I disagree.
If I am right about how you feel, then how about this, then?
If you are a register inmate (i.e. you've paid the minimum $25/year donation), you get 10 free classified listings, (and the higher donation you make, the more free listings you get), and after the 10th free listing, the following listing fees are only $1 each. If you're not a member, the fee is $2/listing. I think that would be cheap enough to make everyone happy.)

Those are my thoughts so far...

Nice to see you putting forth this kind of effort, Rod.
(I am holding off listing my speakers on Audiogon, hoping that the AA classifieds can come through for me.)
Good Luck!

PS Thanks for the cool Yo-yo btw!
My little girl is jealous and wants one too.
(Maybe next year is what I am telling her!!)
:-)

Edits: 10/28/08

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.