Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

Post/Thread Deletions and "Collateral Damage".......

There was a recent post by the Bored (in Propeller Head) regarding "collateral damage" from thread deletions. A light bulb turned on, which leads to a complaint......

About a year ago (give or take several months), I posted something that someone didn't like, and he went absolutely ballistic in response. The whole thread ended up being deleted, basically rendering my posts as "collateral damage."

My complaint is if someone doesn't like what's stated in a post or thread, he can get the post/thread deleted simply by responding with comments "extreme" enough to warrant deletion. He realizes his posts will be deleted, but the objective is to get the posts he doesn't like deleted as well. Kind of a "scorched earth" approach, if you get the gist.

I missed the deleted Morricab thread in Propeller Head, and in the wake of deleted threads in recent time, I've come to the realization that this tactic might become more and more common. If it hasn't done so already.

This is another reason why I think moving the threads to a "controversial threads" board ("Hall of Flame"), rather than deleting them, is the best solution to the problem.

Edits: 08/10/08

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - Post/Thread Deletions and "Collateral Damage"....... - Todd Krieger 10:42:58 08/10/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.