Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

You and I will have to disagree about that one

You can almost always fix a virus or spyware installation without resorting to a reformat. Sometime it takes an expert who understands the intricacies of the registry. If it does... Pay him!

Over the past few years I have had to help friends recover from an unccessary reformat recommended by an unqualified minimum wage tech service person from somewhere in the third world. Yes it does work. Nuclear weapons usually achieve the desired result, but there is one heck of a lot of collateral damage. Okay, windows is running again, but what about the video drivers, sound card drivers, all those keyboard shortcuts that require a program in memory etc, etc, etc. Many of these programs have to be downloaded from the web. God help you if your father-in-law bought a cheap computer with a video card that is no longer supported. Plan on a long search for the drivers

Then there is re-installing the security software, MS office, the games, the financial program and everything else that people accumulate over the years. All of the web favorites are gone. The home page needs to be set up again. Same with the media player.

Once all the software is installed everthing needs to be updated on the web. Some programs have to be updated multiple times. Finally you have to customize the programs like office so your personal preferences are set up.

All this is asumming everything is backed up properly.Usually it isn't and that creates all kinds of different problems. I'm not a computer professional but I have worked with computers since the 1970's and I am a long time hobbyist. Soemtimes reformats are necessary, but I avoid them like the plague.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • You and I will have to disagree about that one - Pacman 18:30:51 01/30/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.