Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

"Ignore" Keyword Options......

I was wondering if you might have a feature where a user can block his personal view of posts with specific keywords that an he/she chooses not to see.

The main idea is to make the threads less cluttered with what individual users think are frivolous or obnoxious posts, posters, subjects, and/or threads.

Basically, if one sees a poster, word, or phrase that he doesn't want to see, just go to his own profile, and adds the keyword to his "ignore" list.

There would be two "ignore" lists. One list is "ignore posts", for ignoring just the individual posts containing the keywords. The other list is "ignore threads", for ignoring thread branches starting at the post containing the keywords.

For example, someone does not want to see posts with "DBT" in them. He adds "DBT" to his ignore posts list. Another person does not want to see "Bose" threads. He adds "Bose" to his ignore threads list. Another user does not want to deal with a poster named JoeSchmoe (apologies if someone actually uses that moniker). He adds the moniker to his ignore threads listing. And finally, someone does not want to see posts containing the phrase "best sounding". He adds the phrase "best sounding" to his ignore posts list.

I think it would be a healthy feature because it will help stop unwanted feuds and discourage trolling. And nobody knows who or what is being ignored by other users.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - "Ignore" Keyword Options...... - Todd Krieger 23:10:03 06/19/07 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.