Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

Threading suggestions

Hi Rod, et al.

First off, THANK YOU for creating and maintaining this important resource. Working in IT myself, and having run a BBS in the old days and community forums more recently, I can appreciate all you put into this.

Secondly, I have some suggestions for improvements. I looked for a FAQ or upcoming wishlist to-dos: something that would give an indication of upcoming enhancements, but I didn't see anything. Forgive me if this has been suggested before.

1. When veiwing threads, it would be nice if one could collapse a specific thread and have the asylum remember that setting. There are some threads which, frankly, are just noise to me and collapsing them would make it easier to ignore them. I think that feature would also help create a more congenial atmosphere; people could easily ignore those threads they didn't want to read instead of them becoming a source of friction.

2. When viewing asylums by anything other than the Classic View, there's no easy way (IME) to post a new message/thread. I have to switch back to the Classic View first. It'd be more convenient if there was the "Post a Message!" box at the bottom in the threaded view.

I hope these suggestions will be helpful. Thanks again for running such a wonderful resource for us all.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Threading suggestions - grailer 05:55:51 09/15/06 (3)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.