Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

Try reading my posts again....

The problem is with the term 'Vintage'.

The vintage forum was begun many years ago (1999 I think) because the tube gear guys didn't have a forum of their own... ask Rod... he might recall when it happened.

My point, and others agree with me (even Rod mentioned he has noticed the inconsistency of the vintage area), is that the 'Vintage' forum is not a 'Vintage' forum. Rename the forum, split it, something... but as it stands now it is not in line with it's purpose.

This isn't about solid-state versus tubes (you seem stuck on that point... get over it)... it is about the term 'Vintage'. Posts about an Onkyo 'integrated' amp do NOT belong in a vintage forum. Go browse the topics and tell me how many fit the common person's idea of 'Vintage'. The forum is a catch-all for all sorts of topics. It is simply a mess.

Explain to me PBG.... why in the hell there is something as specialized as a single ended triode forum... and yet the topic of vintage tube gear (which is, in comparison, multitudes larger) does not have it's own forum.

Many of us (not just me) are sick of sifting through 'look what I found in the dumpster' posts and argumentative posts comparing one method of collecting to the other. We are of different mindsets... and I believe we should have different forums. If you are too lazy to click an extra button to go view another set of opinions that is your issue... not mine. The vintage forum began as a 'vintage tube' forum.... it has been hijacked. Deal with it. All I am asking for is some change... does that hurt you so badly?

Banning

PS. And no... I will not become a paying member till this issue finds some sort of resolution. Whatever Rod's decision is I will live with it. But becoming a paying member gives you more than the bragging rights you are so frequently throwing in peoples faces... it represents a satisfaction and a belief in the content. While I consider this site to be the best on the net and Rod's work exemplary... my becoming a paying member represents a sort of nod to the content and to the fellow members... and while D0N can continue his hijinks nearly unchecked and while I have to read about how pretty the 'blue meters on Marantz gear' are in a vintage forum I won't put my money where my mouth is. I am quite secure in the fact that Rod understands where I am coming from. In fact, I offered my free, voluntary services to help with the site.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.