Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

Repair forum?

Hiya -

I sure got sniped at the other day over what seemed to me to be a relatively reasonable post to the Vintage forum. I made the mistake of asking a non-specific repair question.

After that, I did a pretty good search for basic information on audio/electronics repair, both on AA and the Internet at large. I didn't find much beyond the sci.electronics.repair FAQs and some sources for technical professionals.

Very roughly, I can generalize at least three kinds of people interested in Vintage:

- people getting into it for the combination of low cost and great sound, and who might also want to learn something about how to repair a malfunctioning unit themselves
- pure enthusiasts not so much concerned with costs, who would take a malfunctioning unit straight to a repair shop
- people very knowledgeable about repairs

I assume the breakdown is similar in other forums. So wouldn't there be some number of people who would be interested in a pure Repair forum?

Or has this topic been covered ad nauseum and I should go back and reread the massive thread from 1972? ;)

- i

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - Repair forum? - i247 14:09:51 09/04/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.