Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

How do i know if ive blown a speaker? Help pls.

I modifiyed a set of computer speakers so they could run off a 12v battery and so i could mount it to my bike! 2 satellites & sub ! They were working fine yesterday which is only the second day since they were modifiyed! Now the satellites plug in to the amp by useing a 3.5 headphone jack! There must have been a break in the line close to the 3.5 jack! so i took the copper wire (from the jack)whih was still good conected that to the copper wire that it was supposed to go with (to the speaker)! BUT the other wire (from the jack)i just left it alon and soldered the othe rend to its corresponding wire of other speaker! Could this have blown my speakers? The sub is on its own wireing and it still works! All i get from the satellites is some poping! How would i go about repairing this? PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN! ITS REALLY IMPORTANT THAT I GET THIS FIXED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU I HAVE PICS IF N E ONE WANTS TO SEE !

Edits: 20/91/02

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - How do i know if ive blown a speaker? Help pls. - Omega_Supreem 11:25:27 08/15/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.