Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

Indicate if user is logged in

I've recently set up a new PC and for some reason am having some trouble staying logged in between sessions. It's just a minor annoyance in that the first time I try to post or preview I get an error message saying no user name.

The problem from a user's perpective is that your form gives no indication if a user is currently logged in. The best thing to do would be to pre-fill the user Monitor if the user is already logged in. A couple other visual clues would be good as well. Only display the "Login" link if a user is _not_ logged in. Only display the "Eat Me" (better worded as "Log Out" - I don't think people are quite as hung up about benign cookies as they once were) if a user is logged in.

Another small suggestion... If a post is not a followup to another, change the text on the submit button to "Post Message" or "Post New Subject" or somesuch, rather than "Submit Follow Up" - every time I see that I wonder if I didn't accidentally reply to another message when I intended to start a new thread.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - Indicate if user is logged in - James L 10:15:34 08/03/04 (4)

You can not post to an archived thread.