Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

Jon Reisch--God Syndrome

Dear Rod M:

I have been absolutely besides myself in the last couple of days. I tried in vain to offer the people in the Cable Asylum a group buy of some extremely thin copper foil to build Magnan cables. I have met with nothing but aggrevation and stupidity from Jon Reisch. I don't know what kind of power you have over Mr. Reisch, but I will say this: Many people have e-mailed me privately and told me that Jon is an asshole. I have long enjoyed Audio Asylum, but I have never run into anybody like this in my life. He takes statements and twists them to his beliefs, knocking down anybody's opinions. The buying of this cable would offer many Cable Asylum members the ability to build extremely high-quality cables for about $75 complete, versus $1100. I thought I was being a nice guy about this, but apparently Mr. Reisch has taken it upon himself to be some kind of crusader against any kind of improvement in people's lives who really can't afford $1100 cables. What I thought was going to be a pleasant experience has turned into a nightmare thanks to Mr. Reisch. Many people have asked me just to go to DIYAudio and post there. I have done this and I must admit that without the self-serving god-like individual on Audio Asylum (Jon Reisch), I have had an extremely pleasant experience. People don't treat me as some kind of criminal. They're pleasant and helpful. Isn't that wonderful? That's the way Audio Asylum is supposed to be.

From what I understand, many people are leaving Audio Asylum, or are not bothering to go to the Cable Asylum anymore. Oh, and BTW, Mr. Reisch thinks that the DIY Forum is his as well, and he's screwing that up too. It would really be nice if perhaps you could have a conversation with Mr. Reisch and tell his that Audio Asylum is supposed to be a pleasant place to be. You really do have an excellent site, but somebody's got to put a muzzle on this guy.

I get the impression that Mr. Reisch wants to ban me. I think it would be in your best interest to go and look at the Cable Asylum and read some of the threads. You will find mine, especially the last one, at my wit's end with this guy. As a matter of fact, I was rather nasty to him. Very rarely do I feel so boxed into a corner that I can't use pleasant language to get my point across. That does not work with Mr. Reisch. If you think I should be banned, then so be it. But then again, you better start banning everybody who has anything new or helpful to offer the asylums.

Yours truly,

Tin-man

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Jon Reisch--God Syndrome - Tin-man 15:10:03 07/14/04 (4)

You can not post to an archived thread.