Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

Question about E-mail Notification and duration of burgundy-colored post lists.

Just a couple of questions, one of which I may already have seen the answer to, below.

I noticed some time ago that when I received an E-mail notification of an Asylum response, the return address would more often than not be "noreply@audioasylum." If I recall correctly, ALL of the return addresses USED to indicate the moniker of the sender. What caused this change, and why? I ask because I find it a little frustrating now, when checking my E-mail, to have no clue as to the origin of a response. When I used to see the name, I could make the decision right then whether to open the mail or not, and because of the lag time between posting and E-mail notification, I could usually tell if I'd already seen the post in the Asylum.

As well, I'm wondering why some notifications STILL DO show the moniker of the sender. Can you shed some light here?

My second question, to which there may be an answer below but which I'd like to confirm: I have wondered what determines the length of time that a post listing remains burgundy-colored after I have read it. The post below leaves me thinking that it's determined at MY end, and is based on how long I have my HISTORY set to remain before deletion. Is this correct? I've noticed that the posts seem to revert to blue after about 24 hrs, but sometimes less. I would prefer a longer period, and if I can change that here, could you advise?

Thanks so much for your help, and also for the FANTASTIC Site that this is.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Question about E-mail Notification and duration of burgundy-colored post lists. - Neil49 12:18:55 02/07/04 (5)

You can not post to an archived thread.