Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

Re: Slow loading: Enhancement Request

Yup, I know. We're pushing over 9GB a day of data. Considering that a T1's maximum theoritical capacity is around 12GB, the problem is easy to figure out. From 6AM to 10PM PST, we're completely bandwidth limited. I looked at Pipeboost and if it wasn't so expensive, I'd do it. Right now, our plan is to bring a new data server online which will significantly improve performance in that area. Once that's done, in another week or so, then we'll be rolling the web server over to the old data server which again is a lot faster. We'll also be converting to Mod_perl and Apache which has gzip encoding built in.

We've also seen a short term spike in data requests due to the CES pictures that is a factor. Bear with us, it'll take a month or so to complete the changes and we hope to solve the problem. Adding a second T1 to double capacity is also something we're considering along with partial or full colocation of the servers at our ISP's data center. Considering our bandwidth, colo hasn't been a real cost effective option unless we limit bandwidth which doesn't solve the problem.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.