Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

Re: OK, some more issues....

Like any application, I too would suggest a formal architecture phase, though possibly not so intense as if someone were paying for the software. The great thing about a bunch of developers who are vinylphiles doing this is that WE are the stakeholders. We might not make the best HCI choices, but we aren't designing middle-ware, and out "business" rules and objects are very clear.

So, in essence, I agree with you. I think the minimum amount of work would be a requirements document and use cases. A 4+1 approach, or a full RUP strikes me as overkill.

I'm a little more of an XP guy than a RUP guy as well. I like lots of small releases compared to giant milestones. Using a minimal set of requirements, we could craft an application which makes the application very useful and yet maintain extensibility for growth. I've been on projects where this was the goal - and some suffered from becoming too extensible (thus making many small deliveries impossible) while others delivered often but too much code was scrapped for each release because it wasn't flexible and extensible enough.

How, then, should we get this moving?

First, I need to know who would be involved, at what level, and how much. So, if you want to be involved - let me know.

After that, we'll move on to source forge or a mailing list to draft up some key documents.

I want this to happen, I really do.

Thanks everyone for the replies,
Adam

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: OK, some more issues.... - anevsky 21:48:29 08/28/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.