Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

Re: Interesting....and timely

Rod,

A couple of things. This db schema was very classical-centric. However, "ensemble" should cover a band. We could even begin pointing other tables to it. It is also very vinyl centric.

Making an application which has the ability of cover all media including freedb (which is actually what I meant by cddb) makes for a lot more work, many more tables, etc. So I planned on doing vinyl only.

Another thing that I would love to add are a series of metrics. I.E. where you can judge the internal value derivied from music and have it correspon to a subject mood. For instance, I know I like Nick Drake when I feel melancholy. I know I hate Chopin when I am melancholy. If we be creative and add lots of metrics, the software could even recommend things based on certain factors - i.e. I want to listen to string music, I'm in a challening mood - and up comes the Shostakovich, Ligetti, Hindemith, etc. Of course, for composers I know well, I can simply do it - but compiling all of this data would be very interesting at the minimum. Maybe one day, in Verion 11, the software could recommend a playlist for a dinner party based upon their professions! ha!

Sadly, my extra properties info doesn't show up on the visio web export. State is actually the state of the "set" - I.E. Owned, Not Owned, Sold, Upgrade, etc. There are only a couple of odd things going on in the schema. For instance a musician is an artist who plays an instrument. So, Ralph Kirkpatrick can play a Harpsichord, Organ, Clavichord, etc. The nice thing about this is if you choose a "String Quartet" for the performance scoring, the instrumentalists will be limited to only those "musicians" which play a string instrumentm - i.e. Ralphie will not show up.

So, please join this thread if you are interested. Again, I think we need:

A GUI Person
A couple of senior level developers
A couple of junior level developers
A UI/usability person
And beta-testers.

I KNOW we can assemble such a group from inmates. Lets do it.

-Adam

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.