Shady Lane

RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Shady Lane ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

That's a pretty good rule but, IMO, the best rule is no rule (or at least, fewer rules) at all.

As a seller, I stopped promoting and accepting most Paypal payments years ago. True, Paypal is convenient and "safe" in some ways but I have grown to resent the amount of influence that credit card companies are exerting in the realms of commercial transaction and ultimately, personal relations. So, I continue to state upfront that my preferred method of payment is genuine USPS money order via snail mail.

Why? Mostly because, I hate most banks and credit card companies. BASICALLY, I think they are greedy scumbags.

And yet, I have managed to accrue a long history of excellent seller feedback in a number of venues because I offer great bargains, I package my items well, and I am open and honest in my dealings and communications. I continue to maintain that a personal phone call can tell me most of what I need to know about any businessman's character.

It also helps that, usually, I am in no hurry to sell. I know that I am swimming against the tide here but I don't care. Anyone who has ever bought from me knows that I am a blessing to commerce and to humanity in general.

It's true that there are very few (if any) infallible guarantees in life. But I think I'll always prefer a bit of warm, old-fashioned slop to the ongoing procreation of coldness and mistrust.

Die, yuppie scum!

Edits: 02/17/16   02/17/16

Follow Ups: