In Reply to: Bully eBay buyer--or am I crazy? posted by D Harvey on June 29, 2016 at 09:03:24:
Are the pictures the buyer sent of an un-sealed LP? If so, you are no doubt being scammed. As a re-seller, he would have certainly left it sealed.
I doubt insurance would have done you any good in this situation as I can't imagine USPS paying a claim on split seams.
When I ship an LP that is still sealed I get heavy paper, like butcher paper and wrap the LP as tightly as I can. So far, this has prevented split seams, but I doubt it is fail safe.
I sell mostly old fishing tackle on FleaBay. I once sold a guy a vintage reel in pristine condition. When he got it he sent me pictures of my reel, but he had changed out all of the screws with ones with damaged heads. He wanted a refund. I went ballistic.
I called PayPal and told them to look at the pictures in my listing and the ones he sent me. They agreed I was right and asked him to return the reel with the correct screws. When I got the reel it still had the damaged screws. I called PayPal and luckily got them before they issued the refund. I then sent them pictures of the reel sitting on that day's newspaper, so they could see the date and know the pictures were real. I had them note that each and every screw was identical to the ones in the pictures the buyer had sent.
I won and he was banned from FleaBay.
The SOB still got all of the beautiful screws off my 120 year old reel, but at least I made his life a bit miserable.
I'd encourage you to continue selling. The good guys vastly out number the bad guys, in my experience. But, I completely understand how one bad transaction can make you want to call it quits.
Best of luck to you in the future.
reelsmith's axiom: Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Bully eBay buyer--or am I crazy? - D Harvey 09:03:24 06/29/16 (29)
- It's a Contract - Inmate51 09:13:11 09/29/16 (0)
- Undone by my own errors, but still walking away from eBay. - D Harvey 21:03:24 07/09/16 (3)
- RE: Undone by my own errors, but still walking away from eBay. - Rod M 18:08:22 08/21/16 (2)
- Did he open the LP ??? - reelsmith. 13:18:21 07/08/16 (2)
- RE: Did he open the LP ??? - MannyE 20:24:05 07/16/16 (0)
- I have no idea. - D Harvey 16:25:06 07/08/16 (0)
- It is incumbent on the seller to get the item to the buyer....... - viridian 11:39:15 07/07/16 (7)
- All listings deleted. - D Harvey 07:31:37 07/08/16 (6)
- Good points; I hope that it works out for you. Gemm is a good place to sell. nt - viridian 07:37:30 07/10/16 (5)
- RE: Good points; I hope that it works out for you. Gemm is a good place to sell. nt - volunteer 13:22:40 08/02/16 (4)
- Thanks Wendell! So it probably isn't a good place to sell. nt - viridian 16:15:03 08/03/16 (3)
- RE: No One Is Gonna Leave Ebay - X-2000R 08:41:18 09/05/16 (2)
- I'm pretty good about sticking with things like this. - D Harvey 09:33:05 10/16/16 (1)
- Discogs. That is a great marketplace for records....but - MannyE 20:07:48 02/01/17 (0)
- RE: Bully eBay buyer--or am I crazy? - baileyler 05:57:46 07/05/16 (1)
- I'm coming to the same conclusion. - D Harvey 09:20:15 07/05/16 (0)
- RE: Bully eBay buyer--or am I crazy? - Bill Way 12:54:11 07/03/16 (2)
- I mostly agree. - D Harvey 18:33:58 07/03/16 (1)
- pics (again) and "proof" - Bill Way 07:38:42 07/04/16 (0)
- RE: Bully eBay buyer--or am I crazy? - The Dill 15:10:27 06/29/16 (7)
- RE: Bully eBay buyer--or am I crazy? - D Harvey 15:31:41 06/29/16 (6)
- RE: Bully eBay buyer--or am I crazy? - Lee of Omaha 12:25:52 06/30/16 (5)