In Reply to: RE: That was back in the dark ages. posted by MannyE on February 1, 2016 at 21:10:19:
Yup you are insane, I have never had to have a buyer release funds, never. A paypal or ebay hold are after the buyer files a complaint. You go on being insane, I have over 4,000 transactions on eBay and PayPal and never once has my money been held until the buyer gives his OK, never.
The only time PayPal holds your money are the following:
1. You're a new seller with PayPal. Once your identity is confirmed and you have built up a history of sales and happy customers, PayPal removes the holds.
2. You customers indicate issues about your selling performance. Peformance is based on your percentage of refunds, disputes and chargebacks compared to sales on your PayPal account. Working to prevent and resolve problems quickly will help you AVOID the delay in available funds.
3. There is a higher than average risk associated with your sales activity. Selling what PayPal considers high-risk items, like tickets, gift cards, computers, trave packages. Another example of high risk sales activity is a recent spike in sales or historical change in the average selling price or type of item being sold. High risk could also mean your account has suspicious account behavior or more likely to have disputes, claims, buyer chargeback or other reversals.
So in other words if you have a good record of selling, with few customer issues PayPal DOES NOT put a hold on your funds until the buyer gives his approval. I believe that most PayPal accounts fall into this category, but obviously your's does not so maybe you have some clean-up work to do.
We’re Burning DaylightThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - MannyE 19:08:55 01/25/16 (18)
- RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - Bob Olson1 07:59:24 03/08/17 (1)
- RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - Bob Olson1 16:58:43 03/09/17 (0)
- RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - genungo 00:31:58 02/17/16 (2)
- RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - MannyE 03:27:22 02/17/16 (1)
- RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - genungo 08:59:05 02/20/16 (0)
- RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - TimeConstant 13:06:35 01/27/16 (12)
- When did that happen? - MannyE 20:23:58 01/29/16 (8)
- RE: When did that happen? - TimeConstant 08:55:09 01/30/16 (7)
- That was back in the dark ages. - MannyE 09:11:16 01/30/16 (6)
- RE: That was back in the dark ages. - Dogface1956 16:56:46 01/31/16 (5)
- RE: That was back in the dark ages. - MannyE 21:10:19 02/01/16 (4)
- So what user name does he go by on Agon - plugmein 03:22:35 01/29/16 (0)
- RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - reuben 04:40:26 01/28/16 (1)
- Yes... no bank account... - MannyE 20:27:16 01/29/16 (0)