In Reply to: RE: The OP is from Taiwan posted by Vin-Wei on October 10, 2013 at 23:14:24:
I lived in San Diego for a few years. At least 10 times a year, some Mex robs a bank and runs like hell for the border- it's only 10 minutes away. If they are Mex and they hop the fence back there with sacks of money, they are home free.
They literally stand two steps on the Mex side of the border and laugh at the U.S. cops.
There are NO enforceable laws on retail financial transactions across international borders - the scam source country doesn't even need to be a bunghole really- although most often they are.
I kind of doubt I could get money back from Canada if I got scammed.
I have gotten money back in the U.S. I have contacted U.S. postal service and completed wire fraud online complaint. It only took a few months to get my money back.
Never happen across international border.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Be aware of scammer (mihael) on Audiogon from Slovenia - Vin-Wei 23:22:26 09/29/13 (7)
- RE: Be aware of scammer (mihael) on Audiogon from Slovenia - kenzo 00:25:52 10/10/13 (5)
- The OP is from Taiwan - RSF 07:26:17 10/10/13 (4)
- stay inside system for protection - adaug 17:28:08 10/03/13 (0)
- RE: The OP is from Taiwan - kenzo 08:01:48 10/11/13 (1)
- RE: The OP is from Taiwan - Vin-Wei 00:27:14 10/23/13 (0)