Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

RE: How much trouble am I in?

Obviously these guys are scammers and are either trying to perpetrate identity fraud or kick your house in.... here's an example of a response from a recent craigslist ad I had:

Hey are you even getting my messages at all? Just let me know if it is available this is only contact for now so reply back if you can - Fsumq1@live.com

Can contain before it becomes saturated and forms into a cloud depends on it is temperature Warmer air can contain. PSB's top speaker line a few years ago, the Platinum series are the last PSB speakers to be built in Canada.

Note that only the last sentence was copied from my ad and mixed in with jibberish or often broken English or just really poor grammar.

Dead give-aways are asking you to reply to a different e-mail , calling your item "the item" , etc. They always say they are out of town or in the military and want to send you a check and have a "representative? pick it up after you receive the check...sounds fishy to me.

I had this happen when I purchased an entire whole house system and then some. I had several ada multichannel amps that were about six grand each new. I had so many requests for my info and address that my lack of trust in general told me not to give any info. My fear was that in asking for my address they would kick my house in , easy hit when you know there's high $$$ gear in the house. After many weirdo contacts I finally sold everything to a couple decent guys. The key thing is that if they won't talk via phone it is most likely a scam.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: How much trouble am I in? - Steve. 19:20:25 07/27/13 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.