In Reply to: McAlister Audio - Caveat Emptor posted by rsquared1 on December 16, 2012 at 16:28:06:
I've been a customer of McAlister Audio some years ago. I bought him a DA-6 DAC and a EA-8 amplifier (more than $3000 for the total).
I had many problems with him. The amp made some horrible crackling, not the XLR input I wanted, the DAC had a problem of volume, bass, not the right color, the alimentation block shut down after a pair of days... I returned everything for warranty repair, and I nothing was corrected. Worse, the amp had a new balance problem.
And like you, everything was shipped in tomato/apple very poor package.
After months of battle and failed calls he accepted to refund me. I sent back everything.
I was never refund. I completely lost my money and since that day Peter was impossible to join.
I tried to contact some authorities but they were also unable to contact him. I would be very grateful if you read my message and tell me where you have been able to find some help and get back your money.
PS: please excuse me for my possible mistakes, I'm French.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - McAlister Audio - Caveat Emptor - rsquared1 16:28:06 12/16/12 (9)
- RE: McAlister Audio - Caveat Emptor - rondellmeeks 07:07:13 04/02/15 (0)
- RE: McAlister Audio - Caveat Emptor - Sylvanor 14:52:26 05/19/13 (2)
- RE: McAlister Audio - Caveat Emptor - rsquared1 05:30:49 09/21/13 (1)
- RE: McAlister Audio - Caveat Emptor - rondellmeeks 07:02:36 04/02/15 (0)
- RE: McAlister Audio - Caveat Emptor - Frihed89 03:56:47 02/08/13 (0)
- Kind Of Sounds Like The Guy A Bought A Technics Turntable From,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, - Rubbersoul-1 00:12:02 01/16/13 (0)
- RE: That is unfortunately amazing - Cpk 06:00:02 01/06/13 (0)
- Good for you not returning the amps until he pays in full nt - Elizabeth 17:06:32 01/03/13 (0)
- RE: McAlister Audio - Caveat Emptor - volunteer 16:38:52 12/18/12 (0)