Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

BEWARE THIS LOWBALLER BUYER

i thought it was against forum rules to buy and sell outside the classifieds-how come this guy has been lowballing sellers in various forums for over 10 years?
IF YOU SELL RADIO TUBES TO THIS GUY- YOU WILL LOSE ALOT OF MONEY.HE PREYS ON DUMB MUSICIANS AND KNOW-NOTHING NEWBIE AUDIOPHILES WHO STUMBLE UPON VERY VALUABLE TUBES. IN THIS POST FROM AUDIOASYLUM.COM FORUMS HE IS OFFERING $50.00 FOR A WESTERN ELECTRIC 212D TRIODE TUBE THAT EASILY SELLS FOR $2000.00. HE LIVES IN NEW HAMPSHIRE AND PROBABLY BUYS ALL OVER THE NORTHEAST-SO BEWARE! CLICK ON THE LINK TO READ THE ENTIRE THREAD ON THE AUDIOASYLUM.COM FORUM..

I'd buy it...

Posted by Ed Sawyer (A) on October 12, 2004 at 19:57:08

In Reply to: Re: Hard to price something so rare. posted by xraymongral on October 12, 2004 at 15:15:39:

... how about $50? ;-)

20 ohms seems high for fil. resistance. you can figure out the date from various books and patents. I have the info but not here at the moment. The age range is about right, 1920s-30s.

-Ed

LINK TO ABOVE POST

http://www.AudioAsylum.com/forums/tubediy/messages/6/64647.html

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - BEWARE THIS LOWBALLER BUYER - archaicaudio 15:18:57 03/26/13 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.