Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

New Ebay Trick????

I've got a small ebay transactions that is driving me crazy. I ordered a $60 NOS DAC from a seller in China. Within 24 hours of ordering and paying he emails me a message in confused English. I intially thought he was saying that I didn't pay him but was finally able to discern that he was saying he had no product to send me and that I should initiate the refund process.

We had a total of 3 exchanges then he's been non-responsive. I informed him twice that he was the one who could issue a refund via Paypal.

His listing is still there. He has other listings and good feedback. His feedback score is around 170 and 100% positive.

I tried to get ebay to address him but their system is now so good that they lock you out unless you fit a series of very specific situations. I can't claim non-delivery yet, I can't claim feedback extortion, etc.
I can't even figure out how to get ebay to listen to me.

Obviously this guy is taking in money to buy more product. In two weeks, I can claim non-delivery.

I have 400 transactions on ebay and 70 on Audiogon. This scenario irritates me beyond belief. It leads me to think I'll never order from China again.

Any ideas? I know it's a small amount of money but it's endlessly frustrating. I know I can smack him with bad feedback. I'm caught between his misbehavior and ebay's insistence on not getting involved unless a scenario fits a particular set of criteria.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - New Ebay Trick???? - Tubeham 06:25:16 10/11/11 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.