Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Audiogon Buyer has an Issue With my old Benchmark

I recently sold a Benchmark DAC1 USB on Audiogon. The buyer left positive feedback and it seemed that all went well.......until I received the following email from the buyer:

"Hi, Jay:

Houston, we got a problem - actually two.

The unit arrived at my office on 1/18/11 on my day off. I brought it home on 1/19 & inspection of the outside box, inside box & the DAC showed no visible damage. But I did not have a chance to hook it up until this afternoon. There was a loud squeal when I was hooking up the balanced cables & occasionally when I giggle the cables or move the DAC. When I hooked up the power cable, there was a hum, which is decreased quite a bit when I floated the ground, but the hum is still unacceptable.

Would you please refund the total amount via PayPal? I will pay for the return shipping.

I am sorry that this transaction did not work out.

David"

I purchased this unit new from Benchmark Media about a year ago. It has sat in my entertainment center where it performed flawlessly for about a year. When it was sold, I placed it back into the box in which it came and sent it to the buyer. There is no way that anything is wrong with said unit and it appears that this guy is just trying to get a free in home trial out of me.

Does this person have any recourse?

Do I have any re coarse?

Even if I wanted to be the perfect gentleman and just refund this guy, there is know way of knowing that I won't get a defective unit back.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Topic - Audiogon Buyer has an Issue With my old Benchmark - jaydacus 22:42:16 01/22/11 (11)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.