Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

I can't believe you remembered the Reverend!!

...the guy who dressed up as a priest on Wieuca Road in a small office building?

I lived only a few minutes away on Lake Forest and ended up buying a couple of components from him. I haven't thought of that guy in decades. It was in the earliest days of "mail order" stuff.

For the life of me I do not remember DIRTY DON and I spent plenty of time in Buckhead. Did this last longer than a few months? Was he the priest guy?

Not the Reverend. "Doity" Don's Warehouse Audio was located out off Fulton Industrial and only sold highly discounted mid-fi Japanese stuff like Kenwood and Pioneer. He was the only competitor who used to come by the shop and shoot the breeze with Julian.

Do you remember The Stereo Shop? The original location was on Peachtree in midtown across from Piedmont Hospital and later there was a store in Buckhead down the street from Hi-Fi Buys. They had an eclectic mix of product ranging from Advent (where I bought speakers) and Dynaco to SAE and even Dayton-Wright.

rw

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I can't believe you remembered the Reverend!! - E-Stat 10:49:44 07/08/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.