Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

RE: mss hi fi-another satisfied customer

Well your very lucky!

I know more than a few things have been said about Johnny Boey / JBAudiopimp / MSSHI FI. I think my experience is a lesson for everyone.

1. Purchased a Dynaudio Confidence Center Speaker.
2. Described as 'Brand New and unopened'
3. Some time passed before I hooked the speaker up (I was renovating my house at the time).
4. Speaker sounded muffled and Dynaudio techs looked at it.
5. Dynaudio found

'Following examination of both Esotar2 tweeters and mid-bass units along with the crossover network, I can report the following...

Firstly, the box has been opened at least once before and not by a Dynaudio tech.

Dynaudio use proprietary clips on all their in-box speaker wiring. If a tech does not know how to properly release the clips they can break and/or snap the wiring. In this case, they have been cut and the wires resoldered - Dyn do not do this.

At some point the unit has been over-driven resulting in what is 99.9% certain to be fused tweeters. Whilst not showing a complete open circuit (i.e. fully blown) they are still passing current albeit at significantly less output than normal. As the wires to the mid-bass units have been resoldered we suspect they may have been replaced as a result of the same incident that fused the Esotar2s.

Obviously, if you purchased this unit on the basis that it was, "as new", I would be extremely suspicious of the store that sold it to you. If it currently performs as originally purchased, then it most certainly was not 'as new' when you acquired it and has, at some point, had work done. '

6. I asked Johnny where they had got this speaker from, this was his response:

Date: 10 June 2010 8:21:49 AM
To: "'PETER FINCH'"
Subject: RE: Appricate your Comments on Purchase - Dynaudio Confidence Center

'This was purchased directly from Dynaudio USA'

7. I then contacted Dynaudio USA about this. This is their response;

On 11/06/2010, at 2:10 AM, Michael Manousselis wrote:

Mr. Finch –

I am sorry to hear about the issue with your speaker. However, just because MSS HI FI stated that the speaker was purchased from Dynaudio USA does mean that we in fact sold them the speaker, as there is no record of any speaker ever being sold to this company. Likewise, we only sell to authorized dealers and MSS HI FI has never been a dealer of ours. If anything, we may have sold them a replacement part or grille at some point for a different speaker they may have taken in on trade, but I can fully assure you that we have never sold any Dynaudio speaker to MSS HI FI at any point in time. Whether the speaker originally came from Dynaudio USA and sold to an authorized dealer only to later end up at MSS is a different story altogether. Regardless, warranty would not apply to any loudspeaker sold from any party other than an authorized Dynaudio dealer, as appears to be the case in this regard.

Dynaudio North America | Sales

Michael Manousselis
Director of Sales & Marketing

8. I forwarded this to MSSHifi who then told me in emails;

'Go away'

'Stop crying. You broke it while its in your possession. This item was not sold with extended warranty.'

'Cocksucking is what whiners do, that means you'

9. To make matters worse, Dynaudio suspect the original drivers have been replaced with generic drivers. So - tweeters fused, drivers replaced. Remember this product has been sold to me as 'Brand New and unopened'

I don't think I need to add any comment. The facts speak for themselves.....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.