Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

RE: PayPal "hacked" my bank account

A Paypal CSR concurred that there isn't a choice as it defaults to your bank account when you send money. You have to change it to your credit card. Why? Paypal gets their money instantly and w/o a service charge, the credit card would cost them about a percent I guess. (times a million a day is a lot) But the CSR said you should have a choice from the beginning not a default to remove from your bank account. I agree. I was allowed to use Paypal with only my credit card to buy with until I spent $2K, then they demanded bank info or my account couldn't be used. I too got stung on the bank wothdrawl and just had the retailer refund or cancel the transaction and then repaid via credit card. PAypal does this kind of stuff a lot like taking your money instantly when you pay but making you wait 3-4 business days when you ask them to give you your money. This is the power of a monopoly with no competitor.

ET

ET

"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do suck seed" - Curly Howard 1936

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: PayPal "hacked" my bank account - Awe-d-o-file 09:07:50 06/15/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.