Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Recordfinders.com aka Gene Pembleton

I wish that a warning about Recordfinders.com, owned by Gene Pembleton out of Virginia, had been posted in the Shady Lane forum a long time ago. Then I might have been alerted and saved myself the loss of money! Recordfinders.com is an exclusively online seller (they used to have stores, but these went out of business...no doubt due to bad practices)and it is run by an aging hippie named Gene Pembleton. He also sells on musicstack.com -- where he has a fair amount of negative feedback from folks he's also ripped off. It is possible to buy decent records from him and to get all that you paid for. The problem however, comes in when a customer needs a refund, or an exchange. Old Gene is kind of one-way: once you send him your money, it's gone and he doesn't seem to want to deal with making things right if your records are damaged, or you get the wrong ones etc. What he did to me was he sold me about 10 discs...five of these were broken by an excessively tight tape wrapping job while packaging. He initially offered me a refund...I shipped the cracked discs back at my own expense...then he changed his tune to "best way for me to do this is to deduct $$ amount from your next purchase". GREAT! So now I have to buy more records from you if I want to get what I'm entitled to. Since we're only talking 40 to 50 dollars, I never placed another order. I figured that I'd already lost enough and didn't want to risk losing more! Please stay away from this person-- I've seen his photo online -- he's a fry-brain aging hippie who also looks like a slob.

Edits: 06/09/10

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Topic - Recordfinders.com aka Gene Pembleton - KLechterO78s 07:16:42 06/09/10 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.