Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

UPS run around

I got the finger from The UPS store; I got the finger from The UPS driver; I got the finger from The UPS 800 customer service number.

A fellow in Hong Kong bought some boxed sets of albums from me. Since he has a UPS account number, he eMailed me a copy of a UPS waybill filled out with all of the necessary information.

After I boxed up his items, I took the UPS Waybill copy to The UPS store to find out what to do next. They were adamant that they would not accept the box for shipment if I brought it to them. They pointed to UPS on line to print the shipping label and get customs forms.

I called The UPS 800 number for international shipping for help. They gave me the link for the customs forms; I paid for a UPS pick up. According to the UPS customer service rep, their driver would bring a new Waybill so that I could fill out an original.

I offered to stop by The UPS store to pick up a new Waybill and fill it out ahead of time so that The UPS driver wouldn't' have to wait.

I hit The UPS store before I went to my weekly ceramics class. That particular night, I had the responsibility to open and close the class room.

When I got to The UPS store and asked for a new Waybill, they were adamant that they didn't have any Waybills, weren't required to have them, and for legal reasons would never give one to anyone. According to them, the only way to get one is from a UPS driver--they pointed me to The UPS driver.

I printed out the customs forms, filled them in, and printed out a copy of The UPS Waybill. I tapped the Waybill copy to the box along with an envelop with the custom forms. I figured it would be quicker to copy the information to the new Waybill by simply placing the new one on the box next to the copy, and then tape the new one over the copy.

The UPS driver arrived around 10:30AM proclaiming that the box had to be taken to The UPS store, that UPS drivers never have Waybills and that the only place to get a Waybill was from The UPS store--UPS driver points me to UPS store.

Yup. We went full circle. UPS store points to UPS on line and 800 number who points to UPS driver who points to UPS store.

While the UPS driver was here I insisted that The UPS store neither had the forms, nor would accept the box; That I paid for the driver to pick up the box and that UPS drivers were the ONLY source for the Waybills.

Impatient to get away, the UPS diver called the local center who told him that since there was a color copy of the UPS Waybill taped to the box to take the box.

The box is in The UPS system, headed to Hong Kong.

We will have to wait and see if UPS gets the box to Hong Kong or gives us the finger and brings it back.

Best from Tucson
Bob
"He (R.M. Nixon) was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - UPS run around - becketma@yahoo.com 20:15:26 05/07/10 (13)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.