Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

More Shade from eBay

A buyer used a different tester to check tube her purchased from me, and of course different results.

He contacted Ebay; eBay policy is that since his test results,using a different tester are different, once they confirm the tubes have been returned to me, they will charge back the amount to me, a full refund. One of the reasons the seller wanted to return one of the tubes is because one tube isn't balanced, test results on a Hickok 533A were listed at 1850 and 2220 over 1250.

SO, for eBay, the buyer's tube tester wins any dispute. I suspect that if the buyer claims he tried the tube and its too noisy or makes a popping sound, they are going to get a refund.

Best from Tucson
Bob

According to ebay, the only way to avoid a charge back like this is not to post any test results.

When I pointed out that some people buy tubes simply to see what they sound like, and want to return them if they don't like the sound, they suggested I review my selling policy to allow people to return tubes whose sound they don't like.

"He (R.M. Nixon) was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - More Shade from eBay - becketma@yahoo.com 20:39:36 04/20/10 (4)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.