Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

eBay casting shadows.

"n your description, you talk about the item and what it is used for.
You do not share your experience with another eBay member. That has
nothing to do with the item. Buyers do not care about your experience
with the former seller of the item or why you are selling it. They only
care about getting an accurate description of the item and any
additional pertinent information. They need to know what they are
purchasing."

This is part of a conversation where I have been trying to probe ebay why the canceled my auction of a FM-3 face plate I received damaged from the seller.

ebay claims my description of why I'm selling the face plate, where it came from, and why I have to sell it instead of returning it to the seller is "gratuitous" and not allowed.

My contention is that the provenance of the item and why I'm selling it is highly relevant to any buyer.

To me, ebay is simply trying to cover up the fact that its ebay's policy that a buyer must pay return shipping on anything a seller sends, wrong item, different item that pictured and described.

Any ebay buyers here agree with ebay? Not interested in where an item came from, if the seller is the original owner, why the seller is selling?

I'm not a business. The items I sell I bought for my use and for a variety of reasons have decide to sell the item.

Bob
"He (R.M. Nixon) was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - eBay casting shadows. - becketma@yahoo.com 01:26:10 04/09/10 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.